The first morning was by FAR the hardest. I went to go see Erwin McManus talk at Bethel, and what did they have there? Donuts. Powered donuts. Donut holes. Pastries. But i stayed strong (thanks to timmy, and my pear) and stayed with my oats.
I'm realizing that this raw eating is going to take massive amounts of preparation and thinking ahead. I wish I could just eat at the Ecopolitan (Raw food restaurant in uptown. AMAZING. BEST desserts ever) everyday. However, thats not going to happen. So when Tim and I went there I made sure to save the extras! We ordered the "Not-cho Cheese" Platter. Which is Eco-chips, pine cheese (super spicy, and yummy), 'sour cream', spinach, and a side of 'taco meet' which is sprouted lentils (which we will be learning to make tomorrow :)) It was amazing, it tastes JUST like nachos. We also had a shot of wheat grass, and CHEESE CAKE. So amazing, I think I'm going to try to make their glaze sometime this week. Its made out of dates and something else.. I'll attempt it and upload the recipe. For dinner after the Ecopolitan I attempted my first raw meal alone, well all i really did was take a piece of lettuce, throw the leftovers in it, and seeds, and called it dinner!
So I will start preparing for the week ahead:
Tomorrow my mother and I are taking an 'un cooking' class at the Ecopolitan and going to a raw potluck, which should be fun :) Hopefully I will get some more ideas while there. Because salad tastes so incredibly bland, and I do not even like carrots, but my hands have turned orange from eating so many!
HELP:
With 6 papers to write, and 4 tests this week I find myself at coffee shops ALL the time. What else can I have besides coffee and a cookie? Homework is 3243849 times harder without coffee.
Sorry this was thee boringest blog ever. I really should start posting everyday for a few reasons
1) helps me stay accountable
2) I can actually REMEMBER what i was going to say
3) People keep telling me to.
I'll update more tomorrow after my 'Un-Cooking class" maybe with some recipes! Oh, and being that I'm writing a paper on grass versus corn fed animals, and organic versus "industrial" organic. Be prepared for some rants!

I can't wait to hear more about organic verses "industrial organic" seriously, the label laws are such a crock!
ReplyDeleteDoes tea count as raw? With honey? Or is it heated too hot..maybe see if they could only heat the water to 120.
ReplyDeleteTechnically I don't think tea is raw. However, my mom has this stuff called Caffex (which I have yet to try) but she said its pretty good, so maybe I'll just try that!
ReplyDelete